Thursday, July 1, 2010

Update: ADOPTED 7/2/2010!! The Dressy Gentleman

Tux wears his fancy suit for any and every occasion. Whether it be attacking the scratch post, rolling on the floor, or begging for love, Tux is ready for a show.

I’ve taken Tux out of his cage twice now and I have a pretty clear idea of what he likes. He likes adventure. He likes getting loved. Tux is so eager to get out of my arms and into the fun room, he almost squirms out of his suit. When he jumps to the floor his excitement overtakes him as he checks out everything in the room and can’t decide what to play with first.

Tux is a super slinky cat that appears to have taken ballet classes since birth. One of my favorite things about it him is that despite his natural grace, Tux isn’t afraid to follow his curiosity and risk looking silly. It’s an awesome quirk. This fancy feline loves to jump to the top of the cat scratcher and back, but needs to know that someone is always there to scratch his head and watch him play.

That actually seems to be a common trait among all the shelter cats. Some like their independence more than others, but they all want to know their human is there to love them. It’s what they’ve been without for a long time and the idea of losing that security is always in the back of their minds, until they get adopted. I wish I could adopt them all and finalize my Crazy Cat Lady persona, but I can’t. That’s where all of you come in!

No comments:

Post a Comment