IMG_3622
Originally uploaded by dreamakerk
I'll be honest, one of my best friends is indeed my cat. Tiger is a big-boned feline who spends his time eating at every waking moment, sleeping on my bed, and rolling around in the driveway in front of a car pulling in the garage. He's fat, fluffy, and full of love. Why wouldn't he be my best friend?
Besides my obvious enjoyment from watching his fat buns waddle around, I know that he is one happily spoiled cat. He doesn't have to worry about getting food (although he eats like he does), having a safe place to sleep, or someone to give him the attention he craves. And I honestly believe that every cat (and dog, and rabbit, and hedgehog, etc...) deserves that kind of happiness and security.
The Napa County Animal Shelter provides safety and security for animals who aren't as lucky to have a permanent home, yet. They deserve permanent, loving homes and I want to make the most out of the hopefully short time they are at the shelter. That means petting and playing with cats, walking dogs, and ogling rabbits. But it also means giving them exposure to the public so they have a better chance of finding permanent homes and permanent families.
Most of my posts will be about the animals and their unique and lovable personalities, but I might expand to other interests as well. For now, I leave you with Tiger and his fluffy belly.
No comments:
Post a Comment